The Puerto Princesa City Water District is committed to uphold the protection of privacy of the personal information of our clients, consumers, employees, and any other individuals or entities connected to the Water District through the services it provides, in accordance with RA 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its implementing rules and regulations, and other relevant policies and issuances of the NPC.
- What Personal Information are being collected;
- How are such information collected, stored, used, and disclosed;
- Purpose of collection, storage, use, and disclosure.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
The following are the Personal Data being collected by the Water District:
- Personal information such as names, addresses, contact details, and signatures;
- Personal information relating to the consumer’s account such as Account Name, Account Number, Meter Number, Account Ledger, and Address, and documents such as sketch location, proof of ownership, and other related documents;
- Sensitive Personal Information such as Government ID Number.
All personal data being submitted and collected by the Puerto Princesa City Water District is used for the sole purpose of identifying, validating, and confirming all Information presented by the clients. Furthermore, some personal information such as names, contact numbers, and addresses are collected and maintained by authorized PPCWD Personnel for the purpose of disseminating information such as the PPCWD Electronic Bill and maintenance of consumer accounts.
HOW DATA IS COLLECTED
Personal Data are collected through:
- Filling out of required PPCWD forms (online forms, application forms, request forms, customer action sheets, survey forms, etc.);
- Submission of requirements that are deemed necessary for the processing of service/s the client wishes to acquire (Copy of valid IDs, other proof of identity, proof of ownership such as land title or deed sale, location sketch, etc.);
- Direct or online communication/interaction with PPCWD staff and frontline personnel during official transactions or meetings;
- Submission of Resume or Personal Data sheet of PPCWD aspiring applicants.
HOW DATA IS STORED & PROTECTED
All personal information collected are stored in a secured database, operated and maintained by a few authorized and trained personnel of the Water District. These databases were specifically created and designed for the agency.
In terms of physical documents, all submitted documents by the clients, consumers, and employees are compiled and kept in locked steel cabinets accessed by authorized personnel from the concerned division (Customer Care, Customer Accounts, and Human Resources Division).
It is undeniable that there is no storage system, whether digital or physical, could be guaranteed 100% secured due to the presence of uncontrollable risk and hazards. However, to maintain the protection of all personal data and information under our safekeeping, the implementation of security measures and policies are strictly observed.
TO WHOM DATA IS DISCLOSED/SHARED
The clients’ or consumers’ personal data may be shared with the following:
- Authorized PPCWD staff in line with the performance of his/her official duty;
- An individual authorized by the clients or consumers;
- PPCWD Collection Partners;
- Government authorities or official organizations that may have a valid, legitimate, and legal interest in the concerned information.
Disclosure of information are subject to the provisions of RA 10173 or Data Privacy Act of 2012 and Executive Order No. 2, series of 2016, also known as the Freedom of Information Act.
RIGHTS AS DATA SUBJECT
As per the Data Privacy Act, all data subjects whose Personal Information has been and will be collected, processed, and retained by this Office, you have the right to exercise the following:
- Right to be Informed of what are the data being collected from you and the purpose of collection;
- Right to Inform us to refrain from using your personal data;
- Right to Access and/or request a copy of information under our retention;
- Right to Rectify or Correct
For more information about this Policy, you may reach us at: email@example.com