Early 1900s – Puerto Princesa water supply system was constructed by the US Army Corps which served approximately 200 residents.
»2 deep well pumps
»2 water tanks
1938 – Puerto Princesa Municipal Water System was constructed by the US Army Corps of Engineers with Bonton River located within the Iwahig Penal Colony Reservation as main water source. This water supply system was designed to serve approximately 4,000 people in the erstwhile municipality of Puerto Princesa.
»Weir at the Bonton River
»150m3 reinforced concrete ground reservoir
»19 kilometer gravity transmission main 100mmØ and 125mmØ cast iron pipes.
1958 – National Waterworks and Sewerage Authority (NAWASA) took over the administration of the water system.
»production well ran by a diesel engine turbine pump
»95 m3 elevated concrete water tank both located in Rizal Avenue.
May 25, 1973 – Then President Ferdinand E. Marcos issued Presidential Decree No.198 also known as the Provincial Water Utilities Act of 1973 which provides for the policies for the creation and operation of local water utilities. This mandate constitutes the creation of Puerto Princesa City Water District.
May 13, 1976 – City Council Resolution No. PD 826-45-76 was issued creating the Puerto Princesa City Water District (PPCWD) August 5, 1976 – Conditional Certificate of Conformance No. 26 was issued to PPCWD by Local Water Utilities Administration (LWUA) upon compliance to all requirements for the creation of Water District.
March 2, 1992 – Supreme Court en banc issued decision making Water District as GOCC or government-owned and controlled corporation. The decision made the Water District under the jurisdiction of Civil Service Commission.